 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1841
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 01:28:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Terry Prosper wrote:
I'd say no.

This is a site dedicated to LEGO products (IMO), so the promotion of MOC done
with clones wouldn't respect that fact.

Well, I'd have to disagree and say "probably". My main focus is technic, and
several great MOCs have been announced and discussed in the technic group which
use modified LEGO, or totally user-created parts (the obvious example is John
Barnes' HiTechnic sensors and other parts, used extensively by many builders).
Painted parts & home-brew stickers etc are also reasonably common. I see no
difference between this and using the occasional clone.

However the MOCs are generally high-percentage LEGO - from what I've seen many
of yours (Dave) are high-percentage clone, so maybe an announcement in .moc with
follow-ups to .c-b may be the best option, to minimise flamage. ;)

ROSCO