 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1855
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 15:13:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Richard Marchetti wrote:
   Anyway, I can think of hardly anything else more beneath us than to argue about brand purity/loyality. And FWIW, I am convinced your views are shortsighted so you will not be convincing me in any case. You want to divide people into neat little categories because of brand loyalty, while I want to join people together because I don’t think brand loyalty or purity is an important issue at all. But fine, do as pleases you and so will I.

You are my hero, Hop-Frog, uniter of the Lugnet community by insulting most of us. As for me, I was only saying I’d rather not see clone elements, but hey, it was YOU who started insulting other people, so I guess it makes you the short-sighted one here. Good for you if you like clone elements, but I don’t. It’s not a fact that makes one better or worse than the next person, it’s just personnal taste.

   I’ll stick with:
“Lego purists insisting on 100% lego purity from others are idiots.”

Well, maybe if someone is so shallow that they are willing to start a war over this (let me check...that would be you insulting others), but if the purists only say they’d rather not see the clone elements MOC posted here, which doesn’t mean, for my part, that I’m against a person’s decision to do whatever he/she wants with the clone parts, i’d say that it was fairly well explained in the begining and that it took someone very special to not see the point. Special as in special olympics.

Now, I apologize. I just insulted you, but admit that you are very aggressive for nothing in this discussion. It was a simple and polite question, the answer was just as polite. Why would you want to come here and insult everybody?

I was just tonight better organizing my unique clone elements. I couldn’t be happier with my utter lack of brand loyalty.

-- Hop-Frog
Have a nice evening. I went to the movies. Terminator 3 isn’t as good as T2, but still is a good action movie to see on a hot sumer night.

Terry