 Off-Topic / Clone Brands / 1838
Re: A serious clone question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 21:09:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Terry Prosper wrote:

**snip of my clones-ok-in-the-MOC-group question***

I'd say no.

This is a site dedicated to LEGO products (IMO), so the promotion of MOC done
with clones wouldn't respect that fact.

Also, and maybe more importantly, I, like many others, have no interest
whatsoever in MOC made with clone parts.  A message announcing them would
just waste my time.  I don't mean to say that this is of any importance to
you, but if most of the people here are like me regarding that, then it
would be a waste of most people's time, so I think it would also be a lack
of respect towards this community.

  Makes sense.  That's why I thought a feeler question was a better way to start
than with a dozen "Hey Look At My Clones" postings.

As for me, I'm disappointed everytime i see a clone part on a MOC in
BrichShelf. I always feel cheated and I immediately exit from that folder.

  I can see that--I think it's only fair to be up-front with what one is
displaying.
  This is philosophically interesting to me, too.  I think generally I'm wowed
by cool or innovative MOC ideas, (mostly) regardless of the medium.  But I can
see how more purist-minded people might feel that non-LEGO parts allow a kind of
shortcut not available in LEGO on its own.

  Thanks for the feedback.

PS: especially if it's MegaBlocks !!!

  Doh!

     Dave!