 Off-Topic / Debate / 9282
Re: Problems with Darwin's theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 22:03:18 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Mount Cadiz, southern California.  An exposed abuttement of Cambrian and
Precambrian rock.  Zillions of Trilobites.  Hip deep in them.  Zillions may
be an underestimate.

  Oh cool!  I've wondered where that was.  I've seen pictures of the
  exposed strata--have you been lucky enough to be there in person?
  I want to go to California...dumb luck being born in a part of the
  US that got shaven down to the Devonian by those dagnab glaciers.
  And, for some reason, we don't have many trilobites.

Yup, been there, done that.  I think it was for a class in stratigraphy many
years ago.  It was the quietest place I have ever experienced in my life.
We weren't out there for the trilobites (and well noted about the Horseshoe
crab), but you couldn't help tripping over them.

Hmmmm, are you allowed to pick them up and keep them, or is the area protected?
If you can collect, I see a roadtrip in my near future.

--
| Tom Stangl, iPlanet Web Server Technical Support     Netscape Communications
Corp
| iPlanet Support - http://www.iplanet.com/support/    A division of AOL Time
Warner