 Off-Topic / Debate / 9171
Re: Problems with Darwin's theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 01:59:13 GMT

Snippety Snip.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Chapple writes:

The only links I've heard of have been faked.

Faked, faked... always with this faked. You sound like a broken record.
Everything that you can't explain away must be faked, right?

I found this quote from one of the creationist resources rather
interesting(http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c005.html):

By basing our scientific research on the assumption that His Word is
true (instead of the assumption that it is wrong or irrelevant) our
scientific theories are much more likely, in the long run, to come to
accurately represent reality.

It's so much easier to get the conclusion you want if you start out assuming
it as a premise, isn't it? creationists like that one show how little they
understand about science, the scientific method, hypothesising, theorizing,
how observations are used to support premises, etc.

You might find this an interesting read. Well packaged and based on easily
verifiable references. The whole site is pretty good, actually.

http://www.ncseweb.org/resources/articles/6733_creation_or_evolution_12_7_2000.asp

But I'd be much more interested in your response to my question... why
bother with this scientific creationist nonsense? Why do you creationists
have this inexplicable need to try to prove a myth real in the face of
overwhelming countervailing evidence?

Just a quixotic quest, or something deeper? If you can discredit science
among the credulous and the uncritical thinkers, what then? Some diabolical
plan?

++Lar