 Off-Topic / Debate / 9199
Re: Problems with Darwin's theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:43:58 GMT

I challenge you to show me ANY scientific evidence supporting the
current theory of evolution of species.  I invite you to start with "my"
first point against Darwinism that none of its supporters has yet been
able to successfully refute - The fossil record does not support evolution.

Sure it does. Ever heard of Morganucodon? Why the heck did the ossicles of your ear start to develop in your mandibula and
successivly moved into your ear during your embryonal development? Because this reflects your phylogeny - the ear ossicles are bones
of the mandibula in reptiles - and there are fossil reptile-like mammals that exactly show transitional stages of this development.
In fact, the entire fossil record of mammal-like reptils has a DENSE transitional field of species that gradually become similar to
mammals.... and what about Theropoda? These dinosaurs give us plenty of evidence that they gave rise to the birds. By the way, are
you aware that there are new findings of theropod-like animals with precursor structures of feathers? And its not only the fossil
record that supports evolution - just looking at the extant fauna and flora gives us plenty of evidence for evolution. Embyology,
genetics etc... the support for evolution is overwhelming for everyone that has seriously dealt with this matter.
By the way, most Christians accept evolution (just think of Teilhard de Chardin), but they are also smart enough not to read the
bible literally.