 Off-Topic / Debate / 9336
Re: Problems with Creationists' theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 21:18:32 GMT

brickhead wrote:

I'll now go ahead and try to argue like Creationists do:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this - because this sure does sound
like an evolutionist's argument to me.

Certainly you have hit on a point where "practically" speaking a
creationist can't argue against the monstrosity of the event you
describe.  A creationist has to rely on his/her faith in the Bible which
clearly teaches that God "brought" the animals to the ark.  No
creationist will argue that Noah "collected" the animals himself.

Currently there are about 1.800.000.000 different species of living beings described. Do you seriously want to tell me that Noah had
time enough to sample 1.100.000 insect species (wait a minute... wasn't it two of a kind.... so he had to collect 2.200.000 insects,
right? It must have been quite crowded on board of his vessel! )???? How did he get all those endemites aboard... did he travel to
the South American rain forest before? Wow! These were great times when people seemed to have endless time!!!

My lack of scientific knowledge and your lack of source make me question
the number you presented....okay I just saw your "correction" in your
the ark where full-sized fully, matured ones either...but I digress...

...nobody is going to argue that belief in Noah's ark isn't based on
faith.  There are a tonne of questions that you couldn't answer if you
believed in Noah's Ark but not God - like how did Noah know to build an
ark in the first place?

--
-TiM
NB, CA