 Off-Topic / Debate / 9341
Re: Problems with Creationists' theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 00:23:15 GMT

Tom Stangl wrote:

Tim Culberson wrote:

Certainly you have hit on a point where "practically" speaking a
creationist can't argue against the monstrosity of the event you
describe.  A creationist has to rely on his/her faith in the Bible which
clearly teaches that God "brought" the animals to the ark.  No
creationist will argue that Noah "collected" the animals himself.

Hah!  Like that matters!  Do you want to even TRY to calculate the sheer volume of 2.2MILLION insects, especially since then would have to
be housed separately to avoid some eating others?

Okay now I'm REALLY questioning the credability of these numbers.
Please give me an authoritative source on this.  First you (inclusive of
"the evolutionists in this discussion") say "1.800.000.000 species",
then you correct yourself and say "1.800.000", then you use the figure
"2.200.000" right after you just corrected yourself to say that there
are only 1.800.000 species in total!

Want to try to figure out the food requirements for 2.2MILLION insects, ignoring the • [snip]
to waste several lifetimes weighing one of every species we could find (juvenile or not), and testing the food requirements needed for a
year and ten days.

I know how much everyone hates this guy but for the purposes of this
particular discussion his "credability" doesn't really matter anyhow ---
not that I think you'll actually take the 3 minutes to listen to this in
the first place but here's my best explanation:
http://www.drdino.com/SeminarVideo/Part7/07pt26NoahsArk.ram  (which
quickly explains your specific insect example whether it's 2 or 2*10^99
species)

--
-TiM
NB, CA