 Off-Topic / Debate / 9322
9321  |  9323
Subject:
Problems with Creationists' theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:16:07 GMT

I'll now go ahead and try to argue like Creationists do:

Currently there are about 1.800.000.000 different species of living beings described. Do you seriously want to tell me that Noah had
time enough to sample 1.100.000 insect species (wait a minute... wasn't it two of a kind.... so he had to collect 2.200.000 insects,
right? It must have been quite crowded on board of his vessel! )???? How did he get all those endemites aboard... did he travel to
the South American rain forest before? Wow! These were great times when people seemed to have endless time!!!
The insect collection of the British Museum of Natural History is supposedly the biggest insect collection on earth. Many
generations of scientists have collected for hundreds of years and managed to aquire about 500.000 species. Noah was quite busy back
then.....

Arnold

PS: There are still quite a few undescribed species out there....