 Off-Topic / Debate / 9288
Re: Problems with Darwin's theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 02:33:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Steve Chapple writes:
Yet again, I remind you that what I'm asking for evidence of is the
theory regarding evolution OF species from one to another - part of
what I've "defined" as Darwinism - NOT evolution WITHIN a species.

For anyone to give you that, you also need to "define" what a species is...

Good point - Lack of common definitions is often a problem with
these types of discussions.  I'll admit right away that I'm not the
one to do the defining - I chose Physics over Biology.

Archeology isn't my area either, which is part of why I'm asking
what I'm asking.  What I know of evolution makes no sense to me,
but if there's evidence "out there" that changes that I'd like to see it.

Bruce says that everything is a transitional step - rather a new
way (to me) of looking at evolution.  "Everyone" here seems to be
going on the assumption that I know everything "you're" talking about
and have rejected it.  I find myself on the opposite side of the debate
as I am with David and Christianity (which is where I joined this whole
whirlwind in the first place.)  He says he's "tried" Christianity and
rejected it - I'm trying to correct his view of what I believe and what
the Bible says.  In a somewhat similar fashion, I've "tried" evolution
and rejected it.  I admit I'm no expert on it - perhaps my rejection was
based on incorrect and/or incomplete information.  It seems though
that when I ask for evidence of evolution I'm attacked and expected
to support creation.  Perhaps if I restated my "focal point"...

Can someone demonstrate how the fossil record supports evolution?

SRC