 Off-Topic / Debate / 9320
Re: Problems with Darwin's theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 06:50:22 GMT

Tim Culberson wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

You lot are the new luddites, the new inquisitors, the new thought
controllers. "Scientific" creationism makes me ill.

Where did you come up with this crazy ide that I'm out to control
thoughts?  I assure that was never my intent nor do I believe that I
have any capability to do so.  If you feel like I'm controlling your
thoughts that's your problem not mine - you better stop reading my
messages.

I think Larry has a problem with the truly "lost" people, mostly in the SouthEast
US, who have decided they basically want the Bible taught in school in place of
true scientifically based textbooks.

Biblethumpers already pound the Bible into their kids every day at home, do they
think they'll "lose" their children if they are given a different view in school
once in a while?  IF so, then they should send their kids to private school, where
separation of church and state isn't required.

I'm a FIRM believer in separation of church and state.  Unfortunately, our current
president obviously isn't, and that scares the bejeezus out of me.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/