 Off-Topic / Debate / 9285
Re: Problems with Darwin's theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 00:34:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:

Yup, been there, done that.  I think it was for a class in stratigraphy many
years ago.  It was the quietest place I have ever experienced in my life.
We weren't out there for the trilobites (and well noted about the Horseshoe
crab), but you couldn't help tripping over them.

Hmmmm, are you allowed to pick them up and keep them, or is the area protected?
If you can collect, I see a roadtrip in my near future.

I haven't been there in a couple of decades, so I don't know what the policy
is now.  Certainly in the past you could collect them - it would be hard to
enforce much in the middle of nowhere (don't take your low-slung sports
car).  Finding really good samples is more work of course.  It's out past
Joshua Tree (which is worth a stop, by the way).  Take water!

Bruce