 Off-Topic / Debate / 9184
Re: Problems with Darwin's theory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:15:04 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Low writes:

The part I don't get is why a literal reading of the Bible and clearly
subjective[1] reading of the universe is preferable to a contextual
interpretation of religion and the simplest, most complete, understanding of
the world.

  Further, there is no one "literal" interpretation of the Bible, since
every conscious reader will by necessity arrive at a different
interpretation, just as with any text.

     Dave!