 Off-Topic / Debate / 9227
Re: The Fake Fossil (Was: Problems with Darwin's theory)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:15:03 GMT

That sort of fake "thinking" leads to travesties like the State of Oklahoma
textbook disclaimer:

http://www.ncseweb.org/resources/articles/5438_dissecting_the_disclaimer_12_7_2000.asp

Note that the literal creationists prefer that it be called scientific
creationism. I prefer to call it what it is, cause it ain't scientific.

Note that I have a lot less truck with IDCers than I do with the woolyheaded
and freedom denigrating bunch of literal creationists. By gosh, if I am
going to be forced to pay for public schools I am darn well going to insist
that we don't confuse kids by presenting religious beliefs as well founded
science in them.

++Lar

Score one for the Libertarian viewpoint (on the theoritical level, at least).

   How is Larry's viewpoint necessarily Libertarian?  Libertarians
   can espouse good science, but espousing good science (and freedom)
   is not necessarily Libertarian (though it can't hurt).  :)

   best

   LFB