 Off-Topic / Debate / 9228
Re: The Fake Fossil (Was: Problems with Darwin's theory)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:34:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Note that I have a lot less truck with IDCers than I do with the woolyheaded
and freedom denigrating bunch of literal creationists. By gosh, if I am
going to be forced to pay for public schools I am darn well going to insist
that we don't confuse kids by presenting religious beliefs as well founded
science in them.

++Lar

Score one for the Libertarian viewpoint (on the theoritical level, at least).

  How is Larry's viewpoint necessarily Libertarian?  Libertarians
  can espouse good science, but espousing good science (and freedom)
  is not necessarily Libertarian (though it can't hurt).  :)

  best

  LFB

I'm making the jump that this would not be an issue under Libertarian
non-government schools.  We'd have a bunch of scientific morons in the
Creationist schools, which is why I say on the theoritical level.  You are
correct in my estimation that good science et al is not a Libertarian monopoly.

Bruce