 Off-Topic / Debate / 699
Re: Carryon vs. checked (Re: WTB: 6557 (really, really badly) and 6861
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 22:15:13 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jasper Janssen writes:
But I don't _want_ to read Pride & prejudice or Shakespeare. I want to
read <Snip!> Auel, <Snip!>

That reminds me, does anyone know if she(1) is ever going to finish the Clan of
the Cave Bear series?  What's it been, nine years since the last book was
published?

Did you like the series at the end?  I haven't met anyone who's finished
Plains of Passage (is that the right name?) since it was the final
(hopefully) step of the descent into trashy romance novels.  I _really_
like Clan of the Cave Bear, and detested the last one most of all.  The
two in-between seemed to be decreasing in quality on a pretty linear
path.  Since the first was so good, I really resented this trend.

--
my $.02,

Christopher L. Weeks
central Missouri, USA