 Off-Topic / Debate / 682
Re: Carryon vs. checked (Re: WTB: 6557 (really, really badly) and 6861
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:35:01 GMT

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 23:05:21 GMT, Jasper Janssen uttered the following
profundities...
relief, elimination of married-allownace benefits........
Glad to see they're finally getting rid of those discriminatory
marriage benefits.

Well, discriminatory, I don't know. All I know is my parents are
paying more as a result. 'Tis to pay for increased child
allowance(1). The married people pay for that tax allowance,
whether they have kids or not, want kids or not, had kids or
not!
(1)A 10pound a week payment for the 1st child, 8 for the others,
I think. A tax credit, to presumably assist the parent(s) with
the cost of raising a child. However, if you are married, that
money is taken away through the elimination of the married
allowance next year, and the decreased allowance that comes
into effect on April 1, 1999.
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/