 Off-Topic / Debate / 631
Re: Carryon vs. checked (Re: WTB: 6557 (really, really badly) and 6861
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 03:43:08 GMT

Naji Norder <n.norderSPAMBLOCK@computer.org> wrote:
I can't agree with this.  Privatization does not work when profit should
not be the ultimate goal.  Consider Aramark.  Aramark took over the

<much info specific to the losers running the UT dining facilities
snipped, all true>

As a side note, the guys in my office refer to getting breakfast each
morning at the cafeteria closest to us as "breakfast lotto".  We're
all fairly set on getting the EXACT same items every time we go down
there, items that are priced clearly on the counter.  Yet you can get
five different prices each week for breakfast, some low, some high.
We've complained and pointed out the differences numerous times -
nothing has changed.  The only reason some of them still eat there is
that, in the long run, it all balances out.

Thinking of keeping a spreadsheet for a few weeks detailing the
discrepancies.  Only thing is, it wouldn't do any good - once a
private company gets a govt contract like this it takes an act of God
to remove them.  The concerns of the students and faculty at UT aren't
really important enough to warrant much besides an occasional
"meeting" to discuss customer concerns.

I don't eat there anymore either.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)