 Off-Topic / Debate / 647
Re: Carryon vs. checked (Re: WTB: 6557 (really, really badly) and 6861
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 23:14:16 GMT

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 16:14:11 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following
profundities...
Eventually you will get where you are going. But you will have to wait
until there is a flight that has seats available and all the "more
senior" standbys have went. Theoretically, with perfect yield
management, there never would be seats available and you never would go.
Not likely to happen, though.

During weather incidents, with some cancellations and the usual mad
rebooking scramble, many flights can go by before you get to go.

We, (United Airlines), purchased Big Blue for yield management.
It isn't really feasible to determine how successful it is at
the moment, as the trans-Atlantic market has far too much
capacity, and the cloud of recession hangs overhead.....
It is unlikely that we would have many significantly oversold
flights this year to assess!

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/