 Off-Topic / Debate / 5256
Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 22:18:31 GMT

What do 'real' liberals believe?

Ummmmm, you were supposed to laugh!

It looks like I failed to communicate.  I understood your note.

Extreme right wingers excoriate Clinton...right-hand side.

Right.  That's my perception too.

"Real" was just a
relative juxtaposition next to Clinton's "wimpy" liberalism.  :-)

I know.  Now what do real liberals believe?  And more importantly, what is the
single factor that most closely correlates with the left-right continuum in
your mind...or as a general consensus.

Is wealth distribution the crucial factor in everyone else's
mind, or is that just me?

It's just you.

Meaning that you don't think that the propensity to redistribute the wealth of
the nation is the key difference between liberal and conservative in the US?
What is?

If I'm generally correct, what is the historical difference?

In regards too....?

What I mean is...whether I'm generally right or wrong, what is the history in,
say, the last eighty years, of the difference between the parties.

Thanks again.  Hopefully I was more clear.

Chris