 Off-Topic / Debate / 5217
Re: Key West, one of the best places in the world...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 23:15:38 GMT

Oh, and by the way, Key West has got to be one of the most wonderful places on
the entire face of the planet,

If you're rich because gas runs about 1.5 times the price of the rest of the
country.

because people there (at least while they are
there, anyway) are so very very open, friendly and tolerant. I love going

If you're rich, because hotel rooms cost about four times the price in the rest
of the country.

there
and I wish I had time to go there this trip.

Oh wait, you are.  ;-)

I'm only bitter because after I had dropped out of college, and was working at
a 7-11 in 1989 I drove down there with two friends on a whim (just to have done
it) and couldn't afford to stay because there was no place to pull off and camp
for free.  Dumb kids!  (But honestly, swimming withe the manatee in Crystal
River where we ended up was one of my experiential treasures and certainly made
up for it.)

So I am certainly not in agreement with you if you're condemning Key West as a
"homosexual playground". What a pejorative term.

Who cares if it's a homosexual playground as long is it's a playground.

++Lar
Very hetero and very proud of it but that's not the point

What's to be proud of?  And what does "very" mean in this case?

Chris