 Off-Topic / Debate / 5212
Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 16:12:11 GMT

Libertarianism is generally considered to be strongly toward the right
of the political spectrum.

Not by libertarians, it's not. We reject the one dimensional spectrum. You • need
at least two. See the quiz at www.lp.org, for example.

I have taken the quiz before, interesting diamond shape. However, (no
offense to Libertarians or to Larry) it reminds me of triangulation, in
which Clinton seemed to try to position himself. He was above either the
right or left:

                        Clinton
                      /               \
                Liberal      Conservative

A for them not to the right of the spectrum, I think Libertarians are. They
are not very liberal in most things, IMHO.

Heh, I can play with this quiz, I got Libertarian to borderline /
right-conservative Libertarian. Interesting.

Scott S.

P.S. I get to go to Big Rapids today, for a Senior dinner or something (My
fiancee's Pharmacy class) . Yippee!!

--
Scott E. Sanburn
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com