 Off-Topic / Debate / 5230
Re: Reagan... not exactly libertarian, but close
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 02:03:10 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Chris,

And another thing (while I'm ranting) why do 'normal' folks see it as so
horrible or unthinkable that pro-life zealots murder abortion service
providers?
If you believed that abortion was the same thing as murdering fully
developed people, wouldn't you be willing to put an abortion doctor's life • on
the scale with their multiple victims and come to the same conclusion?  It • just
doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to me.

I wonder what you are truly saying here, Chris. Zealots are on both sides of
the abortion issue, both for and against. I don't think murdering people for
most reasons is acceptable (outside of capitol punishment or war, but that's
another debate). I think killing people, or abortion doctors, or blowing up
abortion clinics is wrong. Nobody in the churches I have attended favor it,
or want to do that. The people that do need to be prosecuted.

This might be another case of the Christian-right-phobia.

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> http://www.aeieng.com
Coming Soon: The Sanburn Systems Company