 Off-Topic / Debate / 19036
Re: What about the first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 15:37:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
The only
thing we can do is make sure it happens on our terms. Why in the heck would • we
wait till after he has the ability to nuke half the world?

Is that really a risk?

Are you kidding me?  The whole rest of that was completely irrelevant if you
don't see this.

Scott A

Right now he does not have the nukes, and he does not have a conventional
delivery system. He is a long way from getting them... and he is getting weaker
by the day. So, what risk does he pose? What risk does he pose to world peace &
security when compared to Israel, Pakistan, North Korea or even Bush/Blair?

Will stealing Iraq’s oil make the USA a safer place?

After your assertion that there were scary similarities between the current
situation and 1930’s Europe, how about this one:

A world leader takes advantage of nationalism, jingoism and xenophobia to take
his nation on an ill-advised military adventure in order to strengthen his
country, but in the end actually weakens it.
;)

Scott A