 Off-Topic / Debate / 18995
Re: What about the first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 06:15:40 GMT

Are you crazy? Anything which does not support the war is "irrelevant"
[see France, Nato, the UN, public opinion, etc]. Don't make the mistake
of thinking that the "Hawks" are interested in rational thought!

Scott A

Read some history books, specifically the public opinion about how to
make peace with violent and hostile nations in the mid 1930s. "Preserve the
peace at all costs."  Seriously the parallels between now and then are just
plain scary.  Do you know why France did not enforce the demilitrized zone in
Germany?  Because it would have cost the politicians the election.  Well sure
enough a few years later it cost the people a lot more.

Untill such time as all dictorships and oppressive governments are removed from
the Earth; peace is and will be a dangerous idealistic delusion.

-Mike Petrucelli