 Off-Topic / Debate / 19067
Re: What about the first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 10:24:40 GMT

If this is supposed to relate to current events in Turkey, I doubt you have
read this little text regarding our freedom loving allies:

Turkey denies British troops role on border
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,3604,894393,00.html

.... and now it appears not even the USA is 100% welcome:

Turkey ups stakes on US troops
==+==
The Turkish president has said his country will allow US soldiers to be
deployed on its territory only if the United Nations passes a second
resolution authorising the use of force against Iraq.

[later]

Mr Sezer said US troops could only be deployed in Turkey "in
circumstances considered legitimate by international law."

"In order to have a situation deemed legitimate... we believe there
should be a Security Council resolution other than Resolution 1441," he
was quoted as saying by the Anatolia news agency.
==+==

Scott A