 Off-Topic / Debate / 19050
Re: What about the first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:37:40 GMT

<snip>

The assumption one state is sponsoring/allowing such fundamentalists to
exist in their territory can not become "casus belli", otherwise every
single state on Earth would become a target (and paradoxally none would have
the legitimacy to attack it!)
You're just entering the fanatics game when you want to destroy the country
that supports them.

The US has *no* intention of destroying Iraq, but merely deposing Saddam.
Unfortunatley, it will take war to accomplish this.

or 10 years and he'll die of natural causes--no war needed.

<snip>

JOHN