 Off-Topic / Debate / 19090
Re: What about the first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:17:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Pedro Silva writes:

But what does that mean?  Humility is irrelevant.  Your obfuscation
is a dodge.

When someone observed to Winston Churchill that his predecessor as prime
minister, Neville Chamberlain, was a humble man, Churchill is reported to
have replied, "And he has so much to be humble about."

Ditto for some current European leaders and opinion shapers, I think...

I agree. You can count my PM in the list :-/

Pedro

And Bush!  ;-)

-->Bruce<--