 Off-Topic / Debate / 19096
Re: What about the first?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 04:13:01 GMT

I don't see how obliterating everything helps those under dictatorships.  I
also don't see the point in risking what freedom we have to help people who
don't want it or can't maintain it.

If they actually knew what freedom was, would they still not want it?  Until
everyone is free, peace will never exist.  I think it would be worth the cost
of both money and lives if we (everyone on Earth) could teach our
grandchildren's children all about the concepts or war, slavery, and oppression
in history class rather than current events.  I do NOT think it is worth the
cost of doing what Bush/Blair wants to do.  Remember I gave that a 3 on a scale
of 1 to 10. (1 being the lowest, 10 being the highest)  The reason I feel doing
nothing is worse than total obliteration is routed one of my fundamental
beliefs.  That being: One of the greatest of evils is the indifference of good
people. I am not looking at what happens today, tommorrow, or even 10 years
from now.  I am looking at 100+ years from now.  I do not want appeasement or a
war for political ratings.  I want the neccessary action to ensure that a
lasting peace will exist.