 Off-Topic / Debate / 17666
Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 02:36:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
We MUST avoid letting paranoia destroy our freedom.

Frank

It's a little late to be thinking like that.  Millions of dollars have been
handed over for hightech security just for this purpose.  Here in Muskegon,
Michigan, we've got at least one intersection with four cameras.  Do you
really think they're gonna stop there?  Just because a couple of inocents
might get wrongfully charged on the basis of video footage?

I for one never saw a flyer asking me if I would feel safer with those
cameras, nor did I hear anything on the news or read in the newspaper that
it was going to happen.  One day my wife and I were driving through the
intersection and saw the workers installing them.  Who gave them permission?
Certainly no one *I* voted for!