 Off-Topic / Debate / 17665
17664  |  17666
Subject:
Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:39:15 GMT

I was just reading this news item:

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/Midwest/09/21/video.child.beating/index.html

I think it is extremely scary that a woman has been arrested on the sole
evidence of a surveillance camera, and her sister is being charged with
accessory to a crime. While the incident caught on tape might appear to
be a criminal offense, we have little more to go on.

We have been hearing about some very scary arrests and detainments in
the past weeks. We MUST avoid letting paranoia destroy our freedom.

Frank