 Off-Topic / Debate / 17679
Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:47:44 GMT

Do you generally think that aiding criminals should have no penalty?  There
may be issues surrounding this that I haven't thought through, but on first
blush, it doesn't seem like a bad general policy to me.

Chris

But in this case the girl has no physical wounds.  This suggests to me that
the other woman may not have felt the girl was in any danger.  It seems to
me that this case goes further than just a child battery charge and giving
aid to a criminal.  Sounds more like "people shouldn't punish kids at all
and anyone who witnesses such an act should be held accountable."
Certainly, *I* would think twice about punishing my children in *any* public
venue after seeing this on the news.