 Off-Topic / Debate / 17744
Re: red light cameras CAUSE accidents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:31:59 GMT

Normally the focus is on the "intergreen" period - this will be 5-7 seconds
for a bogg-standard 30 mph set-up. This includes the red/amber (“get ready”)
and amber times (yes, I am a civil engineer).

Forget all that.  Can you tell me why, when I see those Police Video shows
from the UK, the surveillance cameras in the cop cars always show the speed
in MPH?

We don't have "cop cars", we have "police cars", "panda" cars and "jam
sandwiches". ;)

Are you folks finally seeing the light and giving up on that
cumbersome, counter-intuitive so-called "metric" system of yours??

Road signs (speed and distances) have always been in MPH. I have no idea why
that was seen as being worth keeping.

Scott A

    Dave!