 Off-Topic / Debate / 17723
Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:52:29 GMT

One thing I do know is that if your child ends up in the hospital because of
your type of punishment, it's probably just a little over the top.

I hope this was intentional understatement.

If your child ends up in the hospital because of your type of punishment,
your right to associate with small people should be stripped from you and
you should be incarcerated in a psychiatric hospital until such time as you
no longer pose a threat to The People.

Chris (Yes, I have an opinion!)

It was--the problem with typing is that my humour, my flair, my rather gosh
darn good looking self just doesn't shine thru.  When I go for an
understatement, I make it a *large* understatement.

I will be clear, abuse=bad.  Abuse=CS (Childrens Services) coming to your
door and revoking your rights to parent by taking your kids.  Yell, scream,
rant and rave, but if your kid is in the hospital bacause of your
disciplining actions, then you have to give your head a shake, and we (as in
society) should, and will, step in and remove the child from an obvious
harmful and hostile environment.

So here's a quote--"Lynda (my mom), have you been abusing this kid of
yours?" said circa 1971 and said by my doctor for I would always come in
covered in bruises and scratches.  My problem was I was, and still am, a
klutz.  I'd fall down stairs, I'd walk into things, I'd fall out of trees,
whatever--basically a kid being a kid.  This happened around '71.  I don't
know if my mom would have to explain it more today.  Not once did she ever
abuse me--all my bruises and such were (and still are) self inflicted (you'd
would think I'd stop walking into outside corners--nope--still do)...  but
how could she prove that?  Would CS take me away from my mom today if they
saw the bruises 'n stuff?  Ohh, don't want to think about that one...
**shudder**

Dave K.