 Off-Topic / Debate / 17713
Re: Types of Personality (was: Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:01:52 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
I was an ENFP every time I was tested until relatively recently.  I took the
test on the website and it turns out that I'm now an INFP.

Can someone's personality change like that?  Of course, it could be just my
age showing--I'm becoming more introverted, more solitude "LEGO" time, less
the socialite I once was.

I think type can change, but I would wonder more if the change is
happening due to adaptation, not because your fundamental self has
changed. I certainly don't always act as an ENFP, but the more I think
about it, the more comfortable I am with ENFP being my natural self.
Sure, as a programmer, there's a lot of need to act as an ISTJ, but I've
realized that even when I am working by myself, I still use a
conversational approach to working out problems. I'll write a bunch of
code, and then look at it, and decide if it still represents what I
want. When I am debugging a problem, I come up with an idea which might
be the problem, and then test it (rather than many programmers who have
to single step through the code, perfectly understanding what happened
at each step to feel comfortable with what is going on.

Frank