 Off-Topic / Debate / 17667
Re: Why start with Iraq? - (Re: Iraq, Dictators, and Peace)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 03:39:27 GMT

What Bush Jr is doing is nothing to do with "liberating a people living
under a dictatorship" and everything to do with American self-interest.

Let's be real clear that such a foreign policy is likely NOT in the interest
of the people of the U.S. -- far from it.

It would probablly benefit the Iraqi people a great deal.  Personally I would
have expected the United Nations to get rid of Sadam 2 years ago when he had
about 12,000 Kurds (an ethnic miniority in Iraq) murdered in gas chambers.

By contrast, it may very well be in the interest of people like Bush, Jr.
and his type.

Oh sure his whole reasoning is completely wrong and it should be the United
Nations leading the charge.  Personally I think anything, how ever misguided,
is better than waiting to see what happens.

-Mike Petrucelli