 Off-Topic / Debate / 17870
Re: world mandate (Re: Why start with Iraq? - (Re: Iraq, Dictators, and Peace))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:36:49 GMT

<snip>

1 - in fact, on the Yahoo stock boards there is a plague of people who
pretend to be other people. It's a real bad idea to have an ID with an "m"
in it and say anything worthy of mockery, imitation or so on, as someone
will quickly create an ID that uses "rn" where the "m" goes.

<snip>

I really don't know if I should post this link, first of all 'cause of the
bad language factor, and it has to do with a little video game I play (yeah,
my other hobby that takes me away from LEGO)

But Larry mentioned the people who pretend to be other people, and, thru the
thread, there are folks who do some 'critical thinking' and analysing, and
come up with astute observations which come out as being facts as the thread
progresses.

But warning, is a *long* thread, and it's a *harsh* thread, and the
punchline is around page 8, when "truth#4" comes out.

Warning again--not for the faint of heart!  I didn't appreciate some of the
language used in the thread, but I did appreciate that there were folks who
were trying to get to the crux of the matter, no matter what the cost was.

http://pub103.ezboard.com/fbrellrantsfrm13.showMessage?topicID=917.topic

As an aside, you think these threads in here are harsh and go on a bit??
We're a cake-walk compared to other usergroups.

Thanks for being at least civil in your postings.

Dave K.