 Off-Topic / Debate / 17655
17654  |  17656
Subject:
Iraq, Dictators, and Peace
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 04:13:51 GMT

Lets see the fastest way to achieve World Peace would be to nuke the entire
planet.  The world would be a peace.  The best way to acheive World Peace would
be for the United Nations to systematiclly eliminate any and all non-democratic
governments and liberate the people living as slaves to them.  Of course George
Dubbya has the right action in mind but the wrong reason.  (We don't even need
that stupid oil, there are plenty of alternatives but God forbid we should
screw up the Oil Industry.) Either way I am baffled to no end at how anyone can
think liberating a people living under a dictatorship is a bad idea.

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed.
If you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may
come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you
and only a precarious chance for survival. There may be a worse case. You may
have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to
perish than to live as slaves."
              -Winston Churchill

-Mike Petrucelli