 Off-Topic / Debate / 17689
Re: Why start with Iraq? - (Re: Iraq, Dictators, and Peace)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 08:23:20 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Either way I am baffled to no end at how anyone can
think liberating a people living under a dictatorship is a bad idea.

Why start with Iraq? Why try to overthrow democracy in Central America? Why
support Musharraf in Pakistan? Why fund human rights abuses in Israel? Why
make excuses for the Saudi's? Why back “democracy” in Kuwait? Why make a
sponsor of international terror a key ally in the “war on terror”(TM)? Why
back & fund the warlords in Afghanistan? Why start with Iraq?

What Bush Jr is doing is nothing to do with "liberating a people living
under a dictatorship" and everything to do with American self-interest.

Which is what I wrote.  I also said the United Nations should be doing it.

Why start with Iraq?

Scott A

Its as good as anyplace to start.

I don't agree. Why not clean up your own neighbourhood first?

Scott A

I also said EVERY dictatorship should be
eradicated.  Did you even read the post?

-Mike Petrucelli