 Off-Topic / Debate / 10876
Re: We may all be Lego collectors, but Lego isn't a Beanie-Baby style collectable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 16:33:27 GMT

Thanks for that clarification.

Rephrasing it, what I see you saying is that you're never wrong about
anything, or at least never willing to admit it, and that you never misstate
anything, or at least never see any need to ever correct anything you say.
Is that a correct statement?

100% pure bullsh*t my friend, but you will think as you wish. By rephrasing
it, you changed the meaning for your selfish purposes, not for the greater
need of understanding. If you were intent on understanding, you wouldn't
throw in the little challenges here and there and nit-pick my statements.
You decided to draw conclusions on your own, as if you're gallantly exposing
some sort of evil on my part. Everybody has personal principles to live by
and you cannot convince me to change my feelings on materialism. You're not
getting one inch, so save your breath.

In that case, you are absolutely correct, I would do myself a favor by not
responding to your posts. But I'd broaden that to say that *everyone* would
do themselves a favor by not responding to your posts.

Lovely idea, my friend. You could also start an Anti-Dan Fan Club if you
wish and put me on your list of people you "actively hate" on LUGNET. How
long is that list by the way? Do you need any neat little logos that
demonize me?

As I have said repeatedly, I don't mean to offend anyone or pass judgement
against people. I haven't shown an exclusive attitude toward anyone either.
I AM entitled to a personal opinion and it's my choice if I wish to share
it. I welcome any constructive criticism if I've said something in the wrong
way. But I know it leaves me open to your bullsh*t, so give it your best
shot, I'm not moving.

This is off-topic.debate, not off-topic.diatribe.

Look who's talking. If there's a special rule that Dan can't have an
opinion, please point it out to me. Otherwise, go pester someone else. You
seem too concerned to hang onto our few points of disagreement. Why not try
focusing a bit more on our more numerous points of agreement instead?

Dan