 General / 30992
Re: Are we? or are some of us builders? (was: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 01:23:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Howse writes:
[Snipped a lot!]
However, LEGO(company) knows where the money is and it's not with the
builders. And since they're a company who wants to collect money, they need
to go where it is, generating hype, imposing value and rerelasing sets which
go for overinflated E-bay prices.

Yay for them, I'll be in the corner building something with my collection.

I was following this "essay" pretty well up until this close.
I don't catch your point.  You seem
to be saying that LEGO has re-released a particular set because of
eBay prices to make tons of money?  Well, given the price they're
selling the set for (compared to eBay), they are hardly even close.
And if anything the eBay prices will drop because of the availability
again of the set.  In fact the price is so good I suspect many of
the "builders" will be buying them just for the parts.  Sure, it's
not bulk bricks with infinite selection, but it seems pretty good
to me.

Again, I'm not really sure what you were taking issue with...

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada