 Off-Topic / Debate / 10807
Re: We may all be Lego collectors, but Lego isn't a Beanie-Baby style collectable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:10:45 GMT

Hey that's cool Bruce, I got a little out of hand, I re-read the thread and
I hear where your comming from, I ussually don't get like that on Lugnet, sorry.

You rasied some good points, I hope people can appreciate this as I did.

I'm 30, so I feel strongly about a few things, but nothing that I need to
step on anyones shoes...I take all that stuff back, cause in the end I did
relate to what you were saying....

Most of all, my Creations are only for themselves and they were never
intended to give or get leverage in any discussion. For that I feel a little
ashamed.

These issues are important, it's cool we get to talk about it here.

Sincerly,
Eric

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Sophie writes:
Nevermind, because you don't hold Lego in high regard.

It is a good collectable. Your not winning any admiration here by saying
that it's not.

I hold Lego in extremely high regard - you are confusing an honest analysis
of Lego on the "collectable toy market" with a derogatory attack.  That Lego
makes a poor "collectable" is a *good* thing, in my opinion.  You need to go
back and understand the sense in which I am using the word "collectable"
(i.e. as in trading cards, Beanie Babies, etc.).  Lego is wasted by keeping
it pristinely in a box, and by it's very nature is almost impossible to
prove that all the parts, once removed from the box, are original.  This
doesn't mean you can't collect Lego, it simply means it's price doesn't
escalate radically on the collectable toy market.

Perhaps you have'nt seen my Creations.

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Legomaster

Very nice.  Wonderful work - but I think it says something when you
capitalize "Creations".  Nor do they remotely have anything to do with what
I was talking about.

Also, your forgetting that every year additional sets are added or new theme
sets are added to the product line. So sets go extinct. Making them
collectable. Pieces have a rarity to them if you don't know that.....

I did refer to this in the message you are responding to.

It really bugs me that you over looked this and how you simplified what ever
the heck it was you were saying about sets and parts and making them from
others.

And those "Creations" weren't made from parts from different sets...?  Why
does the truth bother you?  I don't quite understand why you have decided to
take this as a personal affront.

And I'm the Legomaster! where do you get off Questioning me!

Ummm, just how old are you?  I've unwittingly roughed up one too many
teenager here and I don't want to do it again - I don't suffer fools
lightly, and this ego display has worn awfully thin in the space of a single
message.

I want to see pix of what you made!

Would that change the validity of what I have to say one way or another?

Bruce