 Off-Topic / Debate / 10817
Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 03:48:37 GMT

   See below too!  :)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Eric Sophie writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mark Sandlin writes:
Eric Sophie at Legomaster@gobi.com wrote:

Nevermind, because you don't hold Lego in high regard.

Why do you say this? Because Bruce doesn't have the same opinion as you?

----I guess it bothered me that he said Lego isn't a good collectible, if
his opinion is different I guess I should'nt slam him, infact I do respect
his opinion.

   I think it was a basic misunderstanding of what Bruce
   (who, trust me, holds LEGO in a regard few can hold higher)
   meant by "not a good collectible."  You focussed on it as
   though he meant that it's not good; he meant that it's not
   good *as a collectible* in the vein of Beanie Babies, POGs,
   Pokemon crud, Hot Wheels, or what have you. This is akin to
   saying that LEGO is not a good breakfast cereal, it's not a
   good baby pacifier, or it's not a very good dog leash.
   That's not to say that it's not good, or even great, but
   just that it doesn't fit that particular role well.

   (I was going to say that LEGO is not a very good nostril
   prop--but someone would doubtless disagree.  ;) )

It is a good collectable. Your not winning any admiration here by saying
that it's not.

Perhaps you have'nt seen my Creations.

www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Legomaster

What do your creations have to do with the debate at hand?

----Ahhh nothing, I know it's wrong to do that.....sorry guys..

   Well, actually, the weird part was that there's no relevance.
   It doesn't say anything pro or con re: the "collectible" issue.

And I'm the Legomaster! where do you get off Questioning me!

Um, what?

----I really said this to make me laugh, I oughta be more carefull.

   I *knew* it!  :)  I laughed, anyways--but sometimes you must
   have the smiley in order for others to laugh with you.

   best

   LFB