 Off-Topic / Debate / 10776
Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:19:01 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:
dude...you just suckered me into a debate!

Sorry, not my intent...just adding the missing dictionary definitions.

A collector is a person who collects...

well gee...you've successfully defined what a collector is.  Now how about
defining what it means to collect in the first place.

You cannot define a word by using the same word as its description...it
simply doesn't work.

Complaints can be forwarded to:
-The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin
Company. All rights reserved.
-Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.
-Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

8?)

Matt