 Marketplace / Shopping / *2039 (-100)
  Re: Shut out at Target!

(...) I've been looking for one of these. Only one I've found still scans at full price, which might be why it was still there for me to scan. The best Target I've found for clearance deals has an annoying habit of not discounting the biggest sets (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Shut out at Target!

After seeing yesterday's posts about the great deals people found at Target, I headed out this morning to see if I could find any of these deals. I was hoping for a Mos Espa or Sith Infilitrator (or two or three) bu unfortunately I was shut out. In (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Lego box mixup

While participating in 'the great Target Gold Rush of '00' today, I noticed something odd. I scanned a copy of Rig Racers and the scan machine spit out the price and told me it was a 'Blaze Responder'. On checking the box, I found the UPC bar-code (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO Outlet in Georgia

G. Crisp wrote in message <38755C05.87E3AB9D@m...ng.com>... (...) (one (...) there (...) Well, I did indeed make it to the LEGO Outlet in Dawsonville today. Since I was in Duluth I asked one of my co-workers who lives in Atlanta to get me to Hwy. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO Outlet in Georgia

You are in luck! I just happened to be there today! The address is: 800 HIGHWAY 400, Suite 1050 Dawsonville, GA 30534 Phone: (706) 216-2800 It's in the North Georgia Outlet Mall. Bad News: According to Yahoo Maps, it's going to take you about an (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Mindstorms RIS 1.5 find

(...) I just got home from visiting three targets near me. Scored two RIS systems for 130$ apeace, a droid developer kit for 57$, and two extreme creatures add-ons for 12$ apeace.... not as good as your find, but pretty good none-the-less. (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Mindstorms RIS 1.5 find

I just hit three targets looking primarily for sith infiltrators but found none. At the 2nd target I went to I found an open and damaged RIS 1.5 marked at $120. I glanced in and saw that it seemed to be missing some pieces too. I headed over to (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Construction Site

(...) Note: TCS is not breaking any rules (not that you said they were, but a casual reader might inappropriately infer this); they actually have permission from LEGO DACTA to sell LEGO DACTA sets on the web. --Todd (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Construction Site

(...) Officialy lego requires a retailer to have 30 stores in 3 differnt sales regions, with a gross sales of atleast 1.5 something or other before they can sell Legos on the web. Some small retail stores take the risk and do it anyway. now how (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Construction Site

(...) Restrictions??? What restrictions? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Motherlode! (Was: Re: Target second round of reductions)

(...) Suggestion, de-box them for shipment :) Or, just go to the post office, and mail them to your new addy :) James P (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: question for Canadians

(...) the (...) in a (...) Zellers is definitely good during their 20% off sales, but the Bay (at least here) is more expensive, so 20% off brings it down to about Superstore levels. (...) are (...) them. (...) near (...) Weird, that's what this (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

this must be a mid-west, east coast thing. the targets around my area have had very little on sale. have not found any sw sets on clearance. 4561s are $99. keep going to target every day hoping to see sales, but nothing major yet. maybe it is time (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

(...) Yes, I was a good day at Target. Thanks Maggie !! Mos Espa (3), Ninja Fortress (3), Railway Express (2), RIS 1.5 (1) !, Sith (5), bunches of smaller stuff. I left one RIS 1.5 behind (CC was on overload as it was). The toy dept lady told me (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider

(...) I swear that WalMart and Target suck mummy dust in southern california. I was just checking them yesterday. Nothing to speak of was on sale (Forbidden Ruins was at $60 or something like that). I got my 5938 for $3 at Legoland, however. Just as (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

I live in Solano County in Northern California. I think I had good luck with some of the bigger leftover sets because people up here don't tend to spend that much on Lego (or other things I suppose) for their kids.... I mean, this is not Silicon (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

(...) I went to the Ann Arbor Target today, and I had to fight off the all women in there! I did get the new train, as well as the Rock Raider HQ and the Pharaoh Ruins, the train was 77, and the others were 47. The train was 55 dollars off, at (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

(...) I went to two Targets today. Unfortunately, one was picked clean, and the other was nearly picked clean. I picked up one Extreme Creatures and two Robosports mindstorms expansions kits for $12.97 each, two trains for $79.90 each and a tie (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: question for Canadians

(...) Based on regular prices (without any sales), Superstore does indeed have the cheapest Lego. However, since Bay and Zellers have 15-20% off toys once in a while, those stores have cheaper Lego at times. However, Superstore has 25% off Lego (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Construction Site

(...) Yup, it's a website, and it's a store, and it's a LEGO fan's dream! The web address (URL) is: (URL) the real-life address is: 284 Moody Street Waltham, MA 02453 Directions to their store: (URL) the best of my knowledge, The Construction Site (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: Construction Site

(...) The Construction Site is actually a small toy store in Waltham, Massachusetts that sells ONLY construction toys. And as you might guess, a large part of that is Lego. If you're not in MA, you can always see them online at (URL) ... they've got (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: question for Canadians

I don't know of a Superstore in the Ottawa area, so I can't speak for price comparisons with them, but I find variable pricing between each of TRU, Zellers, & Walmart - one being cheaper on some sets, and more expensive on others. If you have the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider

(...) I have a sneaking suspicion that it is entirely different from any of the sets we've seen so far, either legitimately or otherwise. None of the aircraft seen by me so far has matched the description of a "Research Glider". I've been doing some (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider

ever since it appeared it's been 'out of stock' I frequent Etoys daily looking for the new sets I can't find, it just appeared one day. -- Tom Boucher ---...--- Feel like ordering from Amazon.com? Use the search engine on (URL) and make me a little (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers)

  Looking for 7171 Mos Espa Podrace

Would any of you lucky Target shoppers be willing to ship a 7171 Mos Espa Podrace, and a 7161 Gungan Sub to Canada? I'd pay you in advance and don't mind paying for your trouble. It would be VERY much appreciated. Thanks. Tim Strutt 8^) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

(...) I my area I have managed to find 4 droid fighters for $1.44 each and a Gungan sub for $12.14. That was it, ours is the only Target in 60 miles so gets picked clean fast. Timbo (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  The Motherlode! (Was: Re: Target second round of reductions)

(...) Thanks for the heads-up, Maggie--I was in Lansing, MI on Wednesday and I looked around at all three area Targets and found one Droid Fighter. That's all. However, when I scanned it, it was $1.44, and my heart leapt (wow, all this for (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  Re: Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider

(...) I have not Jim, but you just started the avalanche that is my interest in the Adventurers line. I'll see what I can find out and let you and everyone else know ASAP. Cheers, Mark L (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers)

  Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider

Etoys has a listing under their Adventurers section for a "Research Glider." The price was $7.99, but it's out of stock, and an "image is coming soon." I'm wondering if this is one of the new Adventurers Dino Island sets, the 5921 Research Glider. (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

(...) Is this the Mos Espa Podrace set with the three podracers ? If so, is there anyone who would get one for me and send it to Germany ? I´d pay cash in advance. Thanks, Ralph Doering (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Target second round of reductions

(...) :-O Where do you live? What state, what city? Our company will be offering relocation in a few months. Might as well live somewhere where Lego is cheap ;) Seriously! Dan (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Target second round of reductions

You may want to check Target again ASAP because it looks like they've reduced what's left of their clearance toys even more. For instance, Mos Espa was down to $22.44 and Rock Raiders HQ was $19.74 (plus I had the $8.00 coupon from the Mania (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  TOYSRUS.com Order Finally Arrived

To All, Well, I finally got my order from TRU.com last night, after ordering it on November 22nd. I can't complain too much, since I got 100.00 worth of free LEGO! After all my bad experiences with TRU, I seriously doubt I will be doing my LEGO or (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  question for Canadians

I'm not sure about other places, but in my area, the Real Canadian Superstore always has the cheapest Lego. So my question is, has anyone been to a Superstore that has 2000 Lego yet? Mine still doesn't have any, and I'm looking for someone to give (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO Outlet in Georgia

Take a trip to (URL) store will be west and north of Norcross. You'd need to get to GA 400 and then go north. I'm not sure where the Marriott is in Norcross, but I'd guess it'd take about 30 minutes to drive to the store. Mike ----- Mike Faunce mike (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  LEGO Outlet in Georgia

I have to go to Atlanta tomorrow and was hoping to swing by the LEGO Outlet if I have enough time. Can anyone tell me the proximity of the LEGO Outlet to Norcross, in particular the Norcross Marriott? Also, does anyone have a phone number for the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Which are teh LICs and do they ship (was Re: Nortel LEGO phone? (was: Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...)

Mr L F Braun wrote in message <387305EA.D3CC7997@p...su.edu>... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Buffie works at the Potomac Mills LEGO Outlet store which is different than the LEGO Imagination Center. In the past, the LIC has offered to ship (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Which are teh LICs and do they ship (was Re: Nortel LEGO phone? (was: Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...)

(...) My understanding was that Buffie Sherrington [sp?] wasn't at the only LIC that stopped shipping. Are the others continuing to ship? best, Lindsay (25 years ago, 5-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Which are teh LICs and do they ship (was Re: Nortel LEGO phone? (was: Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...)

(...) Wow, that's pretty impressive. I don't even know my OWN pager number. I know the e-mail address, but not the number... (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Possible private electronic funds transfer for eBay and other online buying/selling

(wondering if this is the most appropriate group for this, or if it's even appropriate at all - lemme know) I mentioned this to a smaller group of Lugnetters (is that a word) earlier and at least a couple of them thought it was worth a shot, so I'm (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Which are teh LICs and do they ship (was Re: Nortel LEGO phone? (was: Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...)

I just happened to memorize MOA LIC's number because it was so close to a friend's pager number:-) 612.858.8949 (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <38721863.70E20E46@v...er.net>... [ ... snipped ... (...) I just happen to have one of their cards on my desk - here is the data: LEGO Imagination Center 1672 East Buena Vista Drive P.O. Box 22456 Lake Buena Vista, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:38721863.70E20E...ger.net... (...) They bill themselves as an LIC. (...) Both LIC's (Disney & MOC) will (or did last year) ship with a stepped shipping rate, on phone orders. Disney will ship (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Which are teh LICs and do they ship (was Re: Nortel LEGO phone? (was: Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...)

(...) Does it count?! It was the *original* LIC. Yes, they ship. -John (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Which are teh LICs and do they ship (was Re: Nortel LEGO phone? (was: Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...)

(...) I believe it does count and does ship. Ask any of the GMLTCers, 3/4 of them worked there at one point or another. (...) When I was there (at Disney Village) last month, I was told that they would ship. I have some cards they gave me with their (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Learningsmith Going (went) out of business

I picked up two RIS 1.0 for $140 each. They were the last two there...I think they had just put them out earlier that day. I was going to make some money on Ebay with them but a friend at work and my brother both were interested so I sold it to them (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Learningsmith Going (went) out of business

I got some RIS at $173, some cheaper, and have already bought all the RIS1.5 upgrades for them and sold the ones I had (I LOST money on 2, made money on the other 3, so it evened out) available. I have 3 RDS for sale for $110, though - got them for (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: US S@H Specials Dec 27, 1999 - Jan 2, 2000

Yep - I asked Todd to list last week's through at least today, and I'll be calling tomorrow to see if there are new ones. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  FOTT Find of the Trip

While travelling north for a New Years holiday I checked out all the small towns for old LEGO. My one and only old find was a 7853 4.5v crossing from 1980. New in box :) Allan... (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Learningsmith Going (went) out of business

So, did anyone get any great LEGO deals when Learningsmith shutdown? They never carried much (in GR at least), except Mindstorms. I found out about it in the last week of the clearance, so most everything in the store was gone. Including quite a bit (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: US S@H Specials Dec 27, 1999 - Jan 2, 2000

I just called S@H and they told me same specials as last week, for now, anyway.. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  50% off Lego, BOGO 50% off.

It's true and it runs until the 8th. (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  50% off Lego, BOGO 50% off.

It's true and it runs until the 8th. (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: best set for micromotors, pneumatics

(...) I (...) one (...) You could get in touch with one of the Zany Brainy's that still has the 8480 on sale for $75 as a clearance piece. I was in one today that still had 5 of them on the floor (literally, on the floor ;-) ) that were marked $75. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  K-Mart, BOGO 50%

I was in a K-Mart today, starting the new year out right by shopping for Lego. When I went to get a price check on something, I was suprised to see 'BOGO 50%' show on the register. The clerk was suprised also. She pulled out a new flyer and there it (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) If you want to question the manager's behaviour, it's best to go over his head. It's a corporation, so find out who his superior is--at the very least, you'll get a complete explanation of why he behaved the way he did, straight from the (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Also becuase it might siphon sales at full-price. I.e., why but it today... wait two days and save 25% :) Ray (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Because of the idiots who would then go into the store with the ad and demand the sale price, too lazy to look at the dates the sale is good for, most likely. (...) ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) Really? I don't pay a whole lot of attention to flyers and such (they typically go straight into recycle), so I basically assumed. Wow. Why on earth would they not want to advertise a sale ahead of time? Since you imply its common, I suppose (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Say what? The weekly sales (that are nationwide) RARELY get out to the consumers before Sat evening at the earliest, for sales that start Sunday. Unless you are on their mailing list, and even then, they try to get the circulars to you as close to (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  www.legoworldshop.com closed

I don't know how many people on LUGNET use the LEGO Worldshop web site to puy product, but today when I went there I received the following message: (...) I guess now that most if not all products are available through S@H, those of us in the US can (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) <snipped> (...) Interesting experience and query. I have myself begun to collect stock position information for various stores which have NOS lying around. Typically I do this where they insist on sticking with MSRP. This allows me to locate a (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) There was a pretty famous case from a few years back of a guy who was (I believe) arrested for taking down prices and product information at a Good Guys. His trial was covered on "48 Hours" or one of those other news shows. In his case, he had (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) Ah, ok. I must not have had enough coffee yet today - I missed that angle. But any national sale which isn't in a flyer a week ahead of time is a poorly marketed national sale. ;) James (URL) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) Stunningly pointless, IMHO. The measures that a store puts into place to prevent "spying" are invariably going to cost more than the potential loss of revenue. Again, IMHO, the potential loss of revenue is diddly squat - especially when (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) This is something retailers are extremely sensitive about. The manager was assuming you were a "spy" for another retailer. I'm not sure what their exact protections under the law are, but from a purely Libertarian perspective, they have every (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) If he leaks inside information. It would also probably be a violation of his terms of employment. It is also unlikely he has access to the information. Most retailers are very protective of their marketting plans. (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) How so? James (URL) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

"Doing some late night (...) I have the ultimate TRU rudeness story. About 1 week ago, I was taking inventory of the lego sets for my site (coming soon) and a clerk comes up to me and the following occured- Clerk- "what are you doing?" Me- "taking (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

(...) ...not to mention that most of TRU's sales aren't anything to faint over anyways. best LFB (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Dave Jost wrote in message ... (...) Don't count on it, I suspect that would be a violation of Lugnets TOS... Frank (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Target 40% off

(...) I finally found one with *lots* of clearance sets! The Samurai Stronghold, $9; Emergency Evac 6445, $2.54; the black and blue 1999 Technic chopper for $18; the Res-Q helicopter for $17.90; and a few other goodies. Yay! best LFB (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 6854 Alien Fossilizer and 6232 Skeleton Crew availble at Amazon.com

(...) that (...) and (...) USA). Apparently they're out of the fossilizers now. I got the last one. :) I ordered three, but only got sent one, and then got an e-mail saying they can't send the rest since they're out of production.. -- -Bones- = (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Target 40% off

Target at Jacksonville Beach FL has much of its LEGO inventory at up to 40% off clearance, including MosEspa for 53.90. Selection was rather limited. (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.loc.us.fl.jac, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Joel... Great to hear you work for TRU.... we could all use an inside man to let us know of the national sales about a week in advance...(hint) Thanks and keep up the great work... Dave Joel VanAtta <CompGuy926@aol.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

TRU got to my complaint today. They cancelled the order, refunded my CC, and gave me a $50 online gift certificate. Not too bad, but, now I don't have 900 pieces of Lego. (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Well, (...) I know that at my store, I don't know about others, if we don't listen to management or do what they want, we're gone. Plain and simple. Doing that would eliminate the chance of other people having the same experience with that same (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Joel, (...) Well, I am sure if you ask around LUGNET, at home, or here at AEI, I am rarely calm. But I was extremely calm last night when this happened. Maybe an "Evil" calm... :) (...) Well, this is one instance, but I have had other experiences. (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toys R Us Experience

Whoa, there, calm down, boy. I work at a ToysRUs in Central Ohio, and I can assure you that that cashier was one in a million. All of the cashiers we hire are trained to be as nice as possible, especially during the holiday season. I'm glad you (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Toys R Us Experience

To all, I went to TRU last night on a rare night off to get some LEGO. I went there, the store is finally calming down, it looked decent (Well, they moved to a new store, but it is still TRU) and went to the LEGO aisle. They restocked it to some (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

TRU didn't send any email at all except my receipt on 12/25. It looks like they believe they stuffed a Mos Espa into that tiny box. I'll have to call that number and wait on queue. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: YOUR WANT LIST

(...) Hello Emmanuel I saw on all these pages that you are a Lego wizzard. I'm looking for a railroadcrossing 4532. Can you help me? Greetings Hans. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  red tags at WalMart

While shopping at the WM sc (Chiefland FL) I noted the following sets were now red tagged. I'm not going to list the prices (because that will be outdated shortly), but the clearances were generally in the 20%-45% off range. 2253 X-Large Tubes 2803 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

Erik, (...) Did you get that e-mail form them explaining it? They said they were going to FEDEX my stuff overnight as well, but to no avail. Then I got the e-mail talking about the hundred dollars. I also waited on the phone for 1.5 hours and (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

Pawel, I never saw a name like that before. Is it a version of Paul perhaps? (Just curious!) (...) I rarely buy from TRU in the first place, but they did have several SW LEGo sets at really good prices, so I bought them. I placed my order on (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

I ordered a Mos Espa Podrace and Naboo Fighter on 11/26 and only the smaller one, Naboo Fighter, arrived FedEx overnight on 12/24 marked "deliver by 12/21". According to the packing slip and "My Account", they completed 1 of 1 shipments with 2 sets. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

(...) Scott I must have missed something, and I would hate to miss a good business lesson. Why did you get the TRU money? Did they not process your online order? By the way - by giving you Geoffrey dollars, they are sure to get you back;) -- pn (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived

To All, I just got a FEDEX package with the $100 of Geoffrey dollars in it, and a letter that was the same as the e-mail. It is a nice gesture, to be sure, but it also serves as a good business lesson, if you don't serve your customers, you don't (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  5978 - Watta deal!

After reading all the dim findings of my SE Michigan bretheren, I was a little hesitant to venture for in search of good deals. Boy am I glad I did today! I went to one of my local Wal Marts. Nothing great at first glance. All the little Adventurer (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  shipping time from DYA ?

I ordered some stuff from DYA a few weeks ago when the Clubcar and other items were briefly available (I missed the Club Car, but got a few of the other train items). I'm wondering how long it normally takes to receive packages from DYA, 3 weeks, 4 (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) What you speak of seems to be *very* dependent on the particular store and their philosophy of markdowns. My local WM-sc seems to be of the mind "don't clearance it until we have tried ever other way to sell it. Once we start marking down, do (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I've seen you advocate this, but I have to, to a certain extent, disagree. Suppose you don't buy any, the price doesn't drop, and someone else buys them all? Or worse, it drops, and someone else swoops in and buys them all. Now what do you (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) As long as most of them don't move, they should drop. If you're tempted to buy a few now, don't. You'll just hold up the price drops, or possibly stop them entirely. (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) The mother load at Wal-Mart in Clearwater, Florida! They have a large pallet stacked 5 feet hi with Advent calendars marked down to $10. There must be 75~100 of these sets. I think I’ll wait and see what they do with all of them. Maybe the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) The Wal-Marts here have the Advent calendars marked down to $10, much better than their typical ~33% off clearance prices. Steve (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: Flying Ninja Fortress $59.00 @ Walmart

(...) Don't buy them for that. If you do, you're probably killing any chance that they'll go cheaper in the coming weeks. (...) Don't bet on it. Just because Target is discounting a set doesn't mean Wal-Mart will, and on-hand stock doesn't seem to (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Troy Cefaratti wrote in message ... <snip ninjas> (...) I doubt that the Mos Espa Pod Race will go on clearance yet - its only been on the market for about 8 months, right? Are SW sets not going to be on shelves the normal 2 years? I'd thought they (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Flying Ninja Fortress $59.00 @ Walmart

Was at one of the local walmarts today and they had 6093 flying ninja fortress on sale for $59. There were not any other Lego sets on sale, and they had about 30 of these. On a side note, they had over 50 of the Mos Espa Pod Racer sets at full (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Check www.target.com They had both of these sets listed at $30 and were in stock as of yesterday. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Advent set at Target

(...) I grabbed 2 of these at the clearance price of $11.90 from the Target on 28th street in GR. I haven't decided whether to use them for parts or to save them for next year and give them to some of my friend's children... The Targets back here in (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact