 Marketplace / Shopping / 2038
2037  |  2039
Subject:
Shut out at Target!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 16:12:45 GMT

After seeing yesterday's posts about the great deals people found at Target,
I headed out this morning to see if I could find any of these deals.  I was
hoping for a Mos Espa or Sith Infilitrator (or two or three) bu
unfortunately I was shut out.  In the Raleigh area there are four Target
stores, one is very close to my house.  I was at the one close to my house
two nights ago and there was nothing at all on clearance, everything went in
the first round.  I hit the other three Target stores on my very out of the
way into the office this morning.

Target #1 (Garner), only thing I found was a Droid Developer Kit ($59.00)
which I passed on.

Target #2 (N. Raleigh) had (emphasis on had) the best selection but I was a
bit too late (that'll teach me to stop at McDonald's for breakfast).  There
was a woman who had in her cart a number of sets including the RR
Headquarters and a couple of Droid Fighters.  Nothing else on the shelves in
the clearance section.  On the LEGO shelf I found another 5978 for $12 so I
bought it so I guess I was not completely shut out.

Target #3 (W. Raleigh) had one item in the clearance aisle - the large
Adventurers set for $47.  I found a RR HQ in the LEGO aisle and had the
coupon with me but it scanned for full price - $79.99, so I passed on it as
well.

I am not surprised that I didn't find anything.  Everybody around here seems
to know that Target has good clearance sales so very few things make it past
the first round of clearance prices.  In fact, the W. Raleigh Target has
reduced their clearance aisle to one side of one aisle.

I also stopped at two Target stores while in Atlanta yesterday and didn't
find anything at either one of those either.  I am not exactly sure where I
was but both were on the north side of town.  At least I found some stuff at
the LEGO Outlet to hold me over.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh