 Marketplace / Shopping / 2042
Re: Shut out at Target!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 19:06:42 GMT

Targets in the Fresno, CA area had some nice LEGO stuff.  Had.  I went on a
feeding frenzy and saw met some interesting people on the way.  I was
talking to some older ladies who were looking at the train set.  I told them
it was a good deal.  We talked about LEGO for a bit and then I saw some
droid fighters and other misc. sets on the shelf.  They watched with
amusement as I ran the cart up to the shelf and then swept the entire LEGO
shelf into my cart.  EVERYTHING!  I then looked at the train set and then at
them and said, "are you going to buy that?" which they did, so I missed out
on one train.  (Hey, I still got 3, plus about 22-25 of the droid fighters,
some Y-Tie combos and a couple of droid developer kits and a power pitstop).
Talk about fun!

Anyway, there is NO discount LEGO left in Fresno.  :-)

Mike

Mike Walsh <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
After seeing yesterday's posts about the great deals people found at • Target,
I headed out this morning to see if I could find any of these deals.  I • was
hoping for a Mos Espa or Sith Infilitrator (or two or three) bu
unfortunately I was shut out.  In the Raleigh area there are four Target
stores, one is very close to my house.  I was at the one close to my house
two nights ago and there was nothing at all on clearance, everything went • in
the first round.  I hit the other three Target stores on my very out of • the
way into the office this morning.

Target #1 (Garner), only thing I found was a Droid Developer Kit ($59.00)
which I passed on.

Target #2 (N. Raleigh) had (emphasis on had) the best selection but I was • a
bit too late (that'll teach me to stop at McDonald's for breakfast). • There
was a woman who had in her cart a number of sets including the RR
Headquarters and a couple of Droid Fighters.  Nothing else on the shelves • in
the clearance section.  On the LEGO shelf I found another 5978 for $12 so • I
bought it so I guess I was not completely shut out.

Target #3 (W. Raleigh) had one item in the clearance aisle - the large
Adventurers set for $47.  I found a RR HQ in the LEGO aisle and had the
coupon with me but it scanned for full price - $79.99, so I passed on it • as
well.

I am not surprised that I didn't find anything.  Everybody around here • seems
to know that Target has good clearance sales so very few things make it • past
the first round of clearance prices.  In fact, the W. Raleigh Target has
reduced their clearance aisle to one side of one aisle.

I also stopped at two Target stores while in Atlanta yesterday and didn't
find anything at either one of those either.  I am not exactly sure where • I
was but both were on the north side of town.  At least I found some stuff • at
the LEGO Outlet to hold me over.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh