 Marketplace / Shopping / 2037
2036  |  2038
Subject:
Lego box mixup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 05:39:44 GMT

While participating in 'the great Target Gold Rush of '00' today, I
noticed something odd. I scanned a copy of Rig Racers and the scan
machine spit out the price and told me it was a 'Blaze Responder'. On
checking the box, I found the UPC bar-code (both the bars and the human
text) had the wrong set number. The box was for Rig Racers, but the bar
code was for Blaze Responder. Even more intersting is that Target had it
priced at 75% off the Blaze Responder price (12.99), rather than the Rig
Racers price (19.99). Never seen Lego goof like that before. Anyone else
notice this ?

Ray