 Marketplace / Shopping / 2025
Re: Adventurers DinoIsland Research Glider
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:55:42 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Mark Lindsey writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Tom Boucher writes:
ever since it appeared it's been 'out of stock'  I frequent Etoys daily
looking for the new sets I can't find, it just appeared one day.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it is entirely different from any of the
sets we've seen so far, either legitimately or otherwise.  None of the
aircraft seen by me so far has matched the description of a "Research
Glider".  I've been doing some digging though and may have word on it later
this afternoon.
BTW have any of you other Adventurer fans been cleaning up on the Egyptian
set clearance prices.  I mean $19 for the 5988 and $13 for the 5978 and $2 for
the 5938 1s just incredible!  I love it when Wal-mart and Target decide they
don't want something.  One man's trash is truly another man's treasure.  Now
if they could just lower the prices and get the new product at different times
I could pay the rent and have LEGO!

Cheers,
Mark L

I swear that WalMart and Target suck mummy dust in southern california.  I was
just checking them yesterday.  Nothing to speak of was on sale (Forbidden
Ruins was at $60 or something like that).  I got my 5938 for $3 at Legoland,
however.  Just as well since I have blown my Lego budget for a while.  5988 for
$18.  Whimper.

Bruce