 Marketplace / Shopping / 1955
Re: Toysrus.com 100.00 Arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:53:37 GMT

Pawel,

I never saw a name like that before. Is it a version of Paul perhaps?
(Just curious!)

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote:

I must have missed something, and I would hate to miss a good business lesson.
Why did you get the TRU money?  Did they not process your online order?  By the
way - by giving you Geoffrey dollars, they are sure to get you back;)

I rarely buy from TRU in the first place, but they did have several SW
LEGo sets at really good prices, so I bought them. I placed my order on
November 22nd, and still have not received it. The reasoning of the
100.00 is for partly to make up for not getting the items before
December 25th (Christmas), and the fact that they are so backed up they
could not. I think they severely underestimated the response to the ads
they had everywhere (Radio, TV, etc.) the free shipping, and the sheer
amount of people getting more and more frustrated with holiday shopping.
That is always a good business experience in my book. Make sure you have
the capacity to serve your customers.

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net
Systems Administrator/CAD Operator-Affiliated Engineers ->
http://www.aeieng.com
Home Page -> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html